Thursday, December 1, 2011

37 weeks 4 days

Well this morning I had my OB check up and things are still going well. No baby today but maybe a baby soon?!? That's right folks we are now entering the waiting phase of this pregnancy! There really is no crystal ball with the date of delivery so its any one's guess. However, I am progressing! She measured me at 3 centimeters dilated and while that in itself is no indication that labor is going to happen soon, it also means that things are happening towards D day. And of course, subsequent deliveries tend to get shorter in the labor process. With Henry, I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and was 3 cm then he was born Friday evening. So less than a week later he was here! I can kind of predict a similar pattern for baby #3 but its not set in stone. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer. I am ready to meet this little guy and I would like to have some recovery time before Christmas is here. I have another OB appointment next Thursday and maybe I won't make it since he will already be born or I will be in labor (fingers crossed). My mom is planning on heading up here on Monday unless something changes over the weekend. I know it will be comforting once she gets here and know that Mimi will be here for the kids when we have to go to the hospital. On a side note, my doctor also thinks Francis Scott will not be as big as his siblings. She is predicting 7-7 1/2 pounds with a max at 8 just based on his measurements right now. She said she could be wrong and that some babies hide their weight differently. Its kind of nice thought to think of us having a little one at birth considering P was 8 lbs 12 oz and Henry was 8 lbs 15 oz and both of them were born during the 38th week. I guess we will see when he is born :) But I am feeling good for the most part so for that I have to be grateful. The nesting bug has been in me since last week and still going strong. I just like being on top of everything around the house just in case. So who knows what the next week will hold.. I might be writing a post soon on Scott's birth or I could be typing up another report on my latest doctor visit... STAY TUNED, ha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment