Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things: Kids' Edition

Since its Christmastime I thought I'd share some of my favorite things in a series of blog posts. This week I'll share some of my favorites off the kids' Christmas wish list. I am happy to say that not only have I been done shopping for them for a week or so but everything is wrapped and ready to put under the tree on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to see P and Henry's faces Christmas morning and I know they will enjoy playing with everything that Santa brought them. Its so hard not to over buy for them especially when I found a lot of good deals and sales on most of the items I picked up for them. So even though they both got a lot of presents (and it will certainly look like it once its all under the tree) I did not go over my budget :)

Peighton's Favorites:

LeapFrog Tag Reading System

I am excited for her to receive this. She loves to read and is doing very well with her sight words but could use some practice in phonetically reading and learn to pronounce words she doesn't recognize. I scored this at our PX for only $25 on sale one random day and its originally $40. I also found two books for her... The Little Mermaid and Cat in the Hat.


Melissa and Doug Activity Sets



This is a great toy brand that I love for both of the kids. Some of their items can be expensive but I picked up all of the Melissa and Doug stuff I bought for both of them at TJ Maxx for typically half price. I especially like these particular activities for P because they are great for her to do on her own and can entertain herself.

LeapFrog Fridge Words Magnetic Word Builder

LeapFrog is another favorite brand for the kids. P already has the Fridge Phonics Alphabet Set but now that she knows her letters she finds it more challenging to build words together so I thought this would be a great toy for her. And another plus is this can be passed on down to the boys when P gets older.

Sing Along Disney Princess CD Player

I am excited about this one. I know P is going to love it. I put a CD player on her wish list list from the beginning because she has many Cd's of her own and loves to listen them. She also owns quite a bit of books on CD that she also loves to listen to. My aunt found her this one on Toys R Us website and picked it up for her as well as a few new Cd's. I picked up her a pink CD case holder so she can keep all her Cd's in one spot.


Henry's Favorites:

Mega Bloks Thomas' Mountain Adventure Playset

One of Henry's favorite things is trains and more namely Thomas and Friends. He has a wooden Thomas set that sits on his train table. He loves to play with it. We found this in a Toys R Us sale ad back in August for half price. It was only originally $100 and had it on sale for $50. This is his big Santa present and I can't wait to see his face when he opens it up!

Little Tikes Craftsman Workshop


The boy loves to tinker and build and I know he is going to fall in love with this. This is a great toy for him at this stage and something he can grow into. I can see him just piddling up in his room playing with this. My aunt purchased this for him and we will put it together and have it sitting out by the tree from Santa :)

LeapFrog My Own Laptop

He is very into doing things he sees others doing especially his big sister. He loves computers... our laptop as well as the toy one P has. So this was a good purchase and I know its going to get a lot of use as well as teach him a thing or two as well.


Melissa and Doug Puzzle Sets




I love these toys for Henry as well. He is into all things that go and loves puzzles & putting things together. Again, I found these at TJ Maxx for a really decent price. I also found a 4 pack set of stacking vehicle blocks in the Walmart line of toys Granimals. He is also getting the My First Lego Duplo set. He loves tinkering and building/tearing down so I feel these toys will provide lots of fun & entertainment for him.


Again, these are just a few of my favorites for each kiddo. I really like all that they are getting for Christmas but these are just a few highlights. The two of them are getting more than enough for Christmas but I think there is a good mix and variety of the toys.. some are just for fun, some are educational and most of them they will still be enthralled with six months from now (hopefully). Of course, their birthdays are right after Christmas so its always a bit challenging find great birthday gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment