Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Randoms

  • I heart 4 day weekends!! Its one of my favorite aspects of military life. It seems most major holiday is surrounded by 4 days off and we like that. It provides great family time :)
  • I turned 35 weeks pregnant on Sunday :/ This pregnancy has really gone by quickly! Although I am very excited to meet baby and have a newborn in the house again, I also worry about how things will change for our family. I just pray for smooth adjustment and that P and Henry (especially) don't feel lost or left behind. I can't believe Francis Scott will be making his arrival within the next few weeks! :)
  • I cannot wait to start celebrating Christmas this year! I hate skipping over Thanksgiving and I look forward to cooking the feast with the hubby but I also look forward to putting up the tree(s) that day as well!
  • Yes that's right I said trees as in we have 2 to put this year and both are brand spanking new! We bought a classic 3 foot tree with multi colored lights for our landing upstairs. I plan on decorating it as the kids' tree. We also purchased a 7 foot GE Just Cut Grand Fir Christmas Tree with white lights. It is SO pretty! And for a bonus its got Easy Shape Technology so the limbs bounce back and there is no bending/shaping all those limbs. LOVE it, can't wait to get it up and decorated!
  • The hubs wasted no time this weekend with the holiday decor. He has already put up some lights outside. He says he needs to do it in stages in order to get in all done by Thanksgiving weekend, ha! The boy loves this holiday :) We are so thankful that he is HOME this year and gets to enjoy all this season has to offer!
  • I am loving this cooler weather. Thursday night the low was in the 20's! However, it will be back up to the low 70's by Monday. Boo :/ We are less than 2 weeks out from Thanksgiving, its suppose to be cold. No more warmness please! I'll take the 50's with sunny days anytime.
  • I find it funny and a bit opportunistic that P's preschool has a book fair. And its in the hallway leading to her classroom meaning now way to bypass or ignore it. Now I am a huge fan of reading and books I never have a problem buying for the kiddos. I'd much rather buy a new book every week than a useless (probably forgotten about in a few days) toy. This definitely applies to P where she can get more use out of a book specifically ones that she can read or learn to read.
  • The Llama Llama series are great books for preschoolers. P received her first one through the mail via the Dolly Parton Imagination Library. We both like them. They are fun reads and the words are easy enough that P is now learning to read them. P picked out the newest one at the Book Fair, Llama Llama Stays Home with Mama.. I think I've already read it a half dozen times :)
  • I love football Saturdays! We are huge college football fans and enjoy watching any of the games. Hard to believe football season is coming to an end.. not too many weeks left before Bowl time. Kudos to the SC Gamecocks who pulled off another win against Florida!!! Only two games left in regular season.. Citadel and Clemson.. hopefully 2 more wins :)
  • I'm not sure I like the time change. It has its pros and cons but I can see why people get the winter blues. Seems like the day ends too early and then you are stuck with all this time before bath and bed. Hence, we have been reading a lot of stories and playing upstairs.
  • I was productive in getting ready for baby this weekend and washed up a huge load of his clothes. I love the smell of the baby detergent leaves behind :) I still need to wash up another load of more clothes, blankets, bassinet sheets, socks, etc. Brandon still needs to put the bassinet together, but were almost ready... just a few weeks to go!
  • These windy days can leave now. I do not like 20+ mph winds and sometimes even worse. I prefer the cool, sunny days!
  • It was so nice having a day date with the hubby over the long weekend. Since Brandon had off Monday as well and the kids went to Hourly Care for a couple of hours, we were able to spend some time together just the two of us. We had planned on going to lunch and the movies but decided to skip the movies in order to do some roaming/shopping. We had a very yummy lunch at Olive Garden. Its so nice to eat somewhere without having to feed, entertain, occupy little ones and then not really getting to enjoy your own meal. It was also nice too to walk around stores and the mall without pushing a stroller or again occupy children. Yes it cost a little bit more in order to pay Hourly so that we could have a day date but we both agree its worth it. It was a nice break and a nice time just to spend it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment