Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hope everyone had as spooktacular holiday as we did!! It was so much fun and the kids really enjoyed themselves trick or treating around the neighborhood. Henry really got into this year and loved walking around holding his pumpkin bucket. And of course P made great strides this year and actually said "trick or treat" to every door we went to... so proud of my typically shy child! They both looked adorable in their costumes!! P went as Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Henry went as a Train Conductor since of course one of his favorites is TRAINS! The designated hours for trick or treating were from 5 to 8 pm so I fixed them an early dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches so we could get them dressed in time. Brandon came home from work around 5 and we got them all decked outside. But it wasn't quite dark yet nor did we see any other trick or treaters walking around, so we hung out in the front yard till closer to 6. I ended up taking them around one of the short loops by myself so Brandon could be at the house to give out candy and scare little kids, ha! We survived the first loop but I did have to carry Henry a few times. The space between houses with porch lights was spaced out and he got tired of walking. When we got back to the house, our friends the St Johns were there. They had come by to see our house all decorated; and Christina and I loaded up the boys in the wagon and took them and P around another short loop so the kids could load up on more candy! Needless to say by the time we were finished trick or treating, both P and Henry had their pumpkin buckets full! I let them pick out something each and both decided on a bag of Cheetos. Once I had gotten Henry cleaned up and in his pajamas, I ran up to BK to get Brandon and I a late dinner. By 8 we had no more candy, all of it had been given out. We had a few stragglers after that and we just had to tell them we were out of candy. Good thing I bought two jumbo bags!! All in all, we had a great night and made some great memories :)






No comments:

Post a Comment