Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why I Blog

Its been almost two years since I first started blogging and I can't believe how much it has turned into. I originally began to blog to keep our family updated as much as possible with our crazy military life. Back then we had just moved to our second duty station here at Fort Campbell and I was several months pregnant with Henry. It was a great line of communication and it still is... its hard to keep up with everyone and keep everyone personally in the loop so my blog helps provide a place where our family can read up on what's going on with us. It also become a great tool to even keep Brandon in the loop while he was deployed from Jan 2010 till Jan 2011.. although I tried my best in emails and phone conversations.. the blog provided a fairly good feed of information, stats on the kiddos as well as pictures. During the deployment, the blog allowed me to report on what was going on with Brandon to our family as well. Even for me as the author and writer of the blog, it has served a great purpose in my life. I have never been much of a diary or journal keeper but I feel this blog is serving a similar purpose in my adult mommy and wife life! I can easily look back and see what was going on... such as how big Henry was at his 2 month check up or what P had learned in school that month. My blog has become a great outlet as well for random thoughts in my head and I enjoy writing the posts. I hope our family and friends have enjoyed it as well.. its something I hope to keep up for years to come especially with baby boy on the way in a few months and another deployment lurking in our future. So stay tuned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment