Friday, September 23, 2011

Pregnancy Ramblings

Seems like the mommy brain and pregnancy brain have packed quite a combo lately. I have millions of different thoughts running in my head and yet I still can't remember for the umpteenth time what I walked upstairs for! HA :) The life of a pregnant mama with two kiddos already! I thought I'd share some of my random thoughts floating through my mind:

  • Sunday marks my 28th week of pregnancy and thus the beloved 3rd trimester! Back are the days of complete exhaustion and constant hunger... and on scarier note, this is it.. its all down hill from now.. the countdown is on!
  • I have recently noticed that I have spider veins (at least that's what they look like to me) around the corner of my eyes... just lovely! Nothing adds to my look of I'm pregnant more than some skin discoloration.
  • I've been really fascinated with Moms on Call lately... not only is a book with web seminars but its basically a way of life and its getting a lot of positive feedback and results. I follow several blogs where they have tried this and had success.. like 3 week old twins basically only waking once during the night for a feeding... I can totally dig that!!! I am seriously considering ordering the book soon and see what its all about. Its a lot of scheduling which doesn't bother me because I'm already OCD enough and with 2 kids plus a newborn we will HAVE to have order!
  • I am still amazed how similar baby no. 3's ultrasound picture looks so similar to Henry's. They both have the big, round heads going on and I can't wait to see what Francis Scott looks like.. I always joke with Brandon that he will come out completely different than the other two... dark hair and dark eyes... but we shall see :)
  • There has been a lot of noise in the house lately... Murray (the dog) seems to bark at everything and anything lately.. not to mention the noise the kids make playing and I make getting onto them about doing something they know they shouldn't be doing. But maybe all this excess noise is preparing Scott for what life we will really be like once he is out of the womb and he wont be phased by any of it (a mom can hope, right)!
  • He is active little bugger already! The bigger I get and the more room he has, the more I feel him! He loves to kick and do flips (or so it feels like) and his favorite position seems to be resting his feet in my rib cage.
  • Boy does time really fly!! I can't believe this pregnancy is already 2/3 of the way over with! We are down to 10 weeks (plus or minus) and I know once the Holidays kick in, time will just keep trucking by!
  • Even though this is our third time around, I am still in complete awe of having a baby and feel completely blessed!!! :)
  • One final thought... sciatic nerve pain and charlie horses are no fun!! Enough said :/

No comments:

Post a Comment