Monday, September 26, 2011

OB Update!

Well this morning I had my OB 1 Hour Glucose Test... its one of those things I just do not like doing.. lab work in general is kind of on the no fun list, but the Glucose Test takes a close first! To get the best results, you should really have the test done first thing in the morning so I made Hourly Care reservations for P and Henry and dropped them off right at 8 o'clock and b lined it to the Lab. Once I got checked in and was seen, I had five minutes to drink the "drink" and even the third time around it still tastes the same, like flat orange soda. But it wasn't horrible, just not tasty and thankfully, it has never made me sick. The worse part of the whole test is the hour waiting to get your blood work done.. luckily, I remembered my Kindle before I headed out the door this morning and I had it to read. Otherwise, it would have been very boring.. I can't even browse on my iPhone because I have no service period inside the lab area, ugh :/ At 930, my hour was up and I went back into the room and had all the necessary tubes of blood drawn. It has never bothered me or hurt to have blood work done.. thankfully I have good veins and they never have issues with getting blood from me! Now I just wait for the results... and hopefully no news is good news; and my doctor wont call because I passed the 1 Hour and therefore do not have to take the 3 Hour (I had to take it while pregnant with Henry and it is pure torture!). I'm crossing my fingers anyways :) I also need to go back to the Lab later this week to have my Rhogam shot administered. Every pregnancy I've had to do this since my blood type is O- and of course my babies are born blood type positive so then I have to get another shot after birth. Unfortunately the Lab only does those shots during the hours of 1 to 3 so I will have to make a return visit for that. Oh the joys of pregnancy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment