Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Just Another Manic Monday...

It always seems like its something...I am feeling very exasperated and its only 1215. Its been whirlwind of a day thus far. I had all good intentions of being productive and getting somethings organized/accomplished around the house BUT that all changed at about 900 when I was trying to do breakfast time with Peighton. Apparently, Pete (the dog) wanted to test my patients..like they aren't already tested enough with my 2 1/2 year old...so he peed in the house right where i could see him...then after getting in trouble...he did it again in a new spot. I was FURIOUS!! Nevertheless, Pete was sent to his crate for punishment while I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning up his mess!! And here I thought, he was going to be a good addition to the family...maybe his "wild" ways will change after Wednesday when he gets fixed!! Let's hope so for Pete's sake...crazy woman I was thinking I could handle a dog along with our preschooler...all while Brandon is away :/

In the midst of all the chaos this morning, Peighton made quite a comment to Pete...she told him that we don't potty in the house, we go outside...you don't want to get in trouble. I tried to not laugh...she is too funny...her personality of being the first born is coming out in her as she gets older. And she thinks Pete's crate is a new found toy...she puts her stuff animals in there and tells them good night...oh the imagination of a child :)

Hopefully, our day will proceed with a lot less drama! Who knew one ten pound dog could cause such mischief!! Peighton is about to lay down for a nap and that will give me some peace and quiet for a solid hour or so...much needed after this morning :) After naptime, we will be off to the Commissary for our weekly shopping excursion...oh the joys of mommyhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment