Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the Latest...

Its been awhile since my last blog...not too much has been happening...its been quiet and fairly routine!! We are anxiously awaiting for Brandon to come home...can't wait till the 3rd of October. It was too funny the other day Peighton was talking to Brandon on the phone and told him he needed to come home so she could see him...and that he worked too much. I agree!! This week has been especially hard for us with him not being allowed to use his phone...they are suppose to be in "real war" training. So we've been a bit lost without getting our daily phone calls. I know he is exhausted but I think he is well prepared and knows what to expect come January when deployment time comes. Hopefully, he will get a bit of a break when he gets home...we would sure like to have him around the house :)

Peighton has been testing me again...ahh the life of a 2 1/2 year old! Some of her behavior is due to daddy being gone again...its rough on the her and i when its just the two of us day in and day out. However, some of her behaviorisms are due to lack of a nap the past two days...we have been busy on post with lots of errands and appointments!! I am happy to say that Peighton will be starting preschool come Thursday!! YAY :) I have been looking forward to this...I know she will benefit greatly from this experience and I know she is looking forward to it as well. It will be nice for her to have that environment and social interaction with other adults and children. I am very excited to see how she excels and what all she has to say everyday when I pick her up. Peighton will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-4. They have a morning program as well but it was filled up which sort of lucked out for us...I think 1-4 is a better time frame for us. We get up early but it takes a lot to get us all out the door!! I think I will enjoy the time "off"...it will be a good break for us and a chance for me to miss her :)

Pete (our dog) has recovered very well from his surgeries!! He is back to his old grandpa self :) He has been quite a good companion for us...especially these past weeks with Brandon being gone. Its funny to think how much a pet makes a difference in our families. He definently makes my day more challenging...all the daily walks he requires (another con about not having our own yard but he keeps me in shape) and not being able just to leave the house without making sure he is set for the duration we will be gone. Whoo! Come to think of it...Pete is just another kid but its worth it having him around after Peighton has gone to bed...I don't feel quite by myself!!




No comments:

Post a Comment