Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nursery Revealed

Since the gender of the baby is now known, I figured I'd spill the beans on the nursery as well. I still have a few touches to add to it but its just about there. I am really loving this room and all that is in it. Its colorful, cherry and bright! Its going to be perfect for two little boys to grow up in!


This is Henry's side of the room and a close up of his toddler bed. This use to be P's bed and it was white. I am impressed in how well the paint color turned out and it looks adorable with the bedding. Now if we could only get Henry to sleep in it, ha!


These are Henry's initials over his bed. A sweet friend gave me the idea... its the wooden letters with scrapbook paper modge podged over them... the finish looks like they were painted that way. It was super easy and turned out cute! I still need to do the letters over the baby's crib. I think I might use the same paper just in different order. But I like the look and it added some interesting detail to the walls as well as personality.


These are the storage baskets on the bottom shelf of the changing table. I love the bright, playful colors. And all I did to personalize them was to glue on the painted, wooden pictures to the front of the baskets. It turned out very cute :)

I just purchases these curtains today. I have been searching for cherry red curtains all over town. I really wanted red to brighten up that corner as well as add a pop of color to the room. I purchased these at Target for only $16 for both panels. Henry loves this little nook of the room his train table and his collection of cars, trucks & trains are stored here. We also put scooters under the legs of the train table so it can be easily moved in and out of the nook. I look forward to seeing both boys play here :)


This will be baby's side of the room as well as close up of his crib. This is Henry's old furniture set and I love the wood especially for boys. I really love the crib bedding and the way it makes the room look as well as the crib. I'm glad I chose matching bedding for both boys' beds, it makes for an adorable room.


This wall space currently houses Henry's PBK go anywhere chair and his Mega Bloks table. It works well for now but after Christmas it will be the new location for his Little Tikes Workbench and Step 2 Doodle & Art Easel. Luckily, the chair really can go anywhere in the room and might even be moved downstairs. As for the blocks table, the legs fold down and the blocks go inside the tray and it can be stored under his toddler bed or the crib until playtime.

I hope you enjoyed these snippets of the boys' room. I've really enjoyed decorating it and am pleased with the outcome. I need to change out the lamp on the dresser and I'd love to find a new changing pad cover that has a bit more color; and of course, some more wall art would be great. But for now it works and we love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment