Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a fabulous long weekend!! Nothing like a 6 day weekend to round out the summer fun!! :) Because of the 4th of July weekend, Brandon had Friday through Monday but put in a pass for his weekend to include Thursday allowing us to head home to SC for the weekend!

Thursday began very early as we were on the interstate by 530 in the morning. But the drive was uneventful and Henry had no major meltdowns and we arrived at my parents' house by 500ish. P was super excited to see us as we were her, especially Henry.. I think he missed his sister lots! Brandon unloaded the car and we got settled some before heading out to get some dinner at the Kickin Chicken. It was very yummy and I always enjoy eating at unique places you can't find anywhere else. It was getting late so we headed back to the house to get Henry ready for bed. Then my mom, Peighton, and I went to Publix to pick up some groceries we would need for the weekend. It had been a long day for us and needless to say ready for bed that night. Friday, Henry woke me up at 615 so we watched cartoons and played until everyone else stirred for the morning. We got ready for the day and headed over to Granny's and Grandaddy's house. We had a delicious lunch with them as well as a nice visit. They were happy to see the kiddos and we enjoyed spending the day with them! We left mid afternoon so Henry could go down for a nap but that wasn't the easiest task and I had to lay down with him but luckily we both fell asleep and got in a decent afternoon nap. Friday evening we spent around the house.. we had a house full of guests... my aunt and uncle from Florida drove up that day for the week and my dad's half sister Kendra and her husband came in for the night to visit with us since they were vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC. I had not seen her since I was a little girl so it was nice to be able to visit with her again. All in all, it was a mellow, low key evening! Saturday morning, Brandon went out to the shooting range with Dustin and the kiddos & I went Outlet shopping with my mom and aunt. We grabbed some yummy lunch from Buffalo Wild Wings before we hit up the stores. There was some great sales and deals because of the holiday weekend. My aunt bought me some cute clothes for a belated birthday present. My mom got P and Henry each a new pair of shoes. We girls ( and Henry too) had a good time!! That evening Brandon and I had a double date night with our great friends Celeste and Dustin. Thankful the grandparents and aunt & uncle were able to watch the kiddos for us! We had a wonderful time... first stop was dinner at Bumba Gumps in downtown Charleston... I had the coconut shrimp.. it was very yummy!! Then we walked around some downtown before heading back into town to the movie theater to see the new Transformers movie. It was very good and I highly recommend it especially if you've seen the others. However, we went to the 1015 show and the movie was 2 1/12 hours so it was almost 130 in the morning before we made it back to the house. But we had a lot of fun and really enjoyed ourselves!! :) Sunday morning was mellow for us before heading over to my mamaw's pool for some fun in the sun! P is become quite the little fish in the water and Henry had a blast himself! We all had a good time and Henry took a great nap that afternoon, ha! For dinner, we all went out to Logan's Steakhouse and then to Marble Slab for some yummy ice cream. That night I finished getting things packed up and organized for our trip back home the next morning. Monday morning came early and we got up and ready to go. We were on the road a little after 6 and again had no major problems heading back home. We were back to our house by 400ish. Brandon had yard work to do as well as clean out the car while I unpacked suitcases, put away clothes and do up some laundry. Then Henry and I ran up to Walgreen's to get fresh milk and some dinner from Arby's. The kids were exhausted and had baths and were in bed around 8. Brandon and I caught the fireworks from Post in our backyard and turned in early ourselves. We received a call shortly after we went to bed that the CG issued a DONSA (day of no scheduled activity i.e. no work) for Tuesday. I know Brandon was happy and we all enjoyed a good night's sleep.. no one stirred before 8 am, ha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment