Thursday, July 7, 2011

and baby makes FIVE

Yep that's right... this is my "official" announcement that we are (more so I am, ha!) pregnant with baby Doggette numero 3. I am actually 16 1/2 weeks along and although this is my first blog on the main event its been a big part of our lives for the past few months. We found out in early April and we've told our family and close friends but I haven't made any type of official comment on Facebook or on here. But I figured many more know by now via the grapevine, ha :) Brandon and I weren't not truly trying but not not trying either and it has worked out for the best. The timing for a third is working well for our family especially considering Brandon will not be deploying till next December (earliest would be November). So he will definitely be here for the birth and almost the entire first year which is something he missed greatly when Henry was baby. We are excited even P is looking forward to the new newest addition.. I can't say the same for Henry since he truly has no idea what's going on. Sometimes I think having more than two kiddos can be a taboo subject.. its definitely life changing and I think if we would have dwelled on the pros and cons list too much it would have never happened. Having three will be an adjustment and cause us to change our daily routine but nevertheless I am anxious to see how this baby will fit into our lives and our family. Plus, Doggette party of five has a nice ring to it!! :)

My due date is December 18 but both P and H were 8-10 days early so it could be possibly earlier than that but YAY for a Christmas baby!! I think its funny that all three of my babies will have winter birthdays.. January, February and now December. Today was my 16 week OB appointment and everything is going well. Baby's heartbeat was measuring good at 159 bpm. I gained 6 pounds since my last appointment in mid May. I was actually pleased with that number considering I had not gained any weight between my first two appointments. Plus I worry a little bit that I am pushing myself on a day to day basis between all my usual housework and tugging Henry Clay around daily. But most days I feel alright and get to relax at night when the kids go to bed. Next appointment is the first part of August as well as my 20 week ultrasound.. SO looking forward to putting a name with this precious baby!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment