Friday, July 29, 2011

A Pregnancy Woe

One of the not so pleasant pregnancy enjoys I am currently enduring is the dreaded insomnia. And its not so much that I can't go to sleep.. that is never an issue.. I am usually tired enough to fall quickly to sleep! However, staying asleep the whole entire night is another story :/ I'll be officially 20 weeks on Sunday and the also beloved heartburn/indigestion has set in as well which is one of the causes of my growing pregnancy insomnia. And of course I have not stocked up on the much needed supplies such as tons and tons of Tums (mental note for my next grocery list). So I am currently forced to try to sleep in an almost sitting up right position which is not the most comfortable and my back and neck later regret. Not to mention I am always warm if not on the border line of hot especially when I sleep and I like it to be cold while I am sleeping but with a husband and a dog in the bed.. its always too hot for me so I fidget with the covers. And let's not forget that there are nights my brain just does not turn off.. and soon as I do get woken up by something else my mind mentally goes through a list of the thousand things I have stored in my head.. stupid stuff that can surely wait till morning but the brain is already running off with these ideas and wont be turned off easily. Ugh! Its so frustrating... but also a simple reminder that its just my pregnant self getting me ready for what is to come in the next 4 1/2 months... because then I will be up again probably around this same time feeding a newborn. So then I will be prepared, somewhat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment