Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Review: Baby Gear

Since I am in baby mode, I thought I would share some of my new found favorites when it comes to the infinite list of baby gear out there. Luckily this being my third baby, I have learned what is better to splurge on and what items are must haves (at least in my opinion).

Baby Jogger City Mini Double

I have learned with having two how important a GREAT stroller really can be and with adding another to the bunch it has become even more of a priority to me. Henry will barely be 2 when baby comes and thus will still need a stroller on most of our outings. So a double stroller is a must but there a lot of options out there. I have reviewed and raved about the BOB double stroller in a previous post and still agree it is the best of the best but also comes with a hefty price tag to match its superness. The Baby Jogger City Mini Double is almost as highly praised in reviews and a cheaper price tag. The features this stroller have are phenomenal! And I was able to score a 2010 model on Buy Buy Baby website for around $300 which is a steal. I am looking forward to getting my hands on it and trying it out :)

Moby Wrap

This is a new infant carrier I am trying this time around. It gets amazing reviews and can be used up to 35 pounds. Most users agree that the Moby wrap supports and evenly distributes the weight of the baby easing the pressure of carrying the child to one specific spot... which means no more back or shoulder pain. I haven't been too impressed by infant carriers in the past but have never felt the need to have a really good one. However this time around, I want to make sure I have the best. With three kiddos having a infant carrier is important to me since I'll never know what situation I find myself in... what if I need to go grocery shopping with all 3 of them or what happens when we go to the children's museum (which is not stroller friendly especially if I go by myself) or when we go to the library. There are too many situations that could arise and especially during those few first months when its easier to have baby in the car seat or infant carrier and wear them. And its a good price at around $40. So its a must for me just need to decide which color, ha! :)

Bassinet

This is a Badger Basket Oval Bassinet in natural with ecru bedding. I found this also at Buy Buy Baby and thought it was just adorable and would be perfect for our bedroom. Since we live in a Cape Cod style house which means the master bedroom is downstairs and the other bedrooms are upstairs, its a bit overwhelming to constantly truck up the stairs several times during the night when the baby is needing to be fed. Plus with Henry and baby sharing a room, it would be harsh to let them share the room while baby is still waking up multiple times during the night and disrupting Henry's sleep. I don't want to deal with that nor would it be fair. So a bassinet or pack n play would be a must for us! We had a pack n play for Henry when he was a baby, but it was quite cumbersome and took up quite a bit of room in our bedroom. Also, we now have it at Mimi's and Papa's house so Henry always has a place to sleep when we visit and we don't have to worry about making sure we pack it each time we travel. I love the uniqueness of its oval shape and think it will fit perfectly in an open corner we have. Its so precious and I can just imagine baby sleeping in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment