Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update!

It seems like a lot has happened since my last post... just a week ago. It has been one of those weeks!! Brandon left for Afghanistan early this week... a few delays but he is almost there. He is in a transition spot there in the country and should be arriving at the FOB later on this week. We have been adjusting as best as can be expected... Peighton just thinks he is at work still... which technically he is... just 8000 miles away :( I have received a few emails from him as well as a couple of phone calls which have made the week so much better. Communication should be more convient once he reaches the FOB... I should also be getting his address soon which I will pass along to y'all. He seems to be doing well... adjusting to his new environment and getting use to the massive time change. He is 10 1/2 hours ahead of us... so for most of y'all that would be only 9 1/2 hours. We still aren't sure whether he will be allowed to come home when the baby comes or if he will just be taking an early R&R... which will probably be in April. Just continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well as the rest of the unit. I am so PROUD of my soldier!!

Now for the latest on miss Peighton... she has done fairly well since Brandon's leaving... her age has been a blessing because she is not old enough yet to understand... and we just got done with a nine month separation while he was away at school so in some regards she knows no different. We started potty training her last weekend... serious training... like only panties during the day... and she has done REMARKABLE :) I knew she could master it... and all before her 3rd birthday. She has had minor accidents and she has even pooped on the potty for the past couple of days. Peighton will even go when we are out and she went at school this week as well as staying dry!! YAY :) I am so excited... I really did NOT want to have to deal with two kiddos in diapers and I knew she was smart enough to catch on. I was worried she might regress with Brandon being gone but she has continued on... and I am so proud of her. Let's cross her fingers she will not regress with the arrival of the new baby... but I know if I stay on her and keep working with her she will not even be phased by it. Its so NICE not changing her diaper anymore :)

Well that has been our week... we have a quiet week coming up then its busy, busy for us for awhile... oh yeah and only about 4 weeks till baby is due!!

No comments:

Post a Comment