Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Full Week down :)

Yay!! We survived our first week of this deployment... it seemed some days dragged on and then again I can't believe its already been over a week since Brandon left. Time really does fly by in the grand scheme of things :) I am happy to report that he has arrived at his final destination at FOB Salerno and is adjusting well. He has already been busy at work transitioning and preparing with the unit to take over come February. Brandon says that its not too bad there... reminds him of Fort Irwin and Fort Huachuca... very desert like with lots of mountains around him and the weather so far has been sunny and nice. He seems in high spirits and making the most of it! We are very lucky that he is MI and will be staying right there on the FOB... that fact has been a real stress reliever for me especially! He is also lucky enough to have his very own room... they are staying in buildings that are divided into about six rooms... I know he will be more comfortable when he is able to get his action packer with all his creature comforts he had sent over there earlier. We are also very fortunate that he has Internet access right there in his room... that is going to be so nice :) The pros keep getting better... he has been able to call daily so far and even Peighton has been able to talk with him. I don't know what we'd do without modern technology... its been a true blessing!!

I still don't have an address for him yet... but as soon I get one I will be sure to pass it along. I am sure he would love to start getting stuff in the mail especially some goodies!! I can also let y'all know any specifics of what he might need or like. There is small PX there... but with thousands of others soldiers using it ... there quantity and selection can get limited! Plus, I love being able to spoil him even 8000 miles away :)

Peighton and I are doing fine... trying to keep ourselves in good spirits... more me than her... as children will react to how we feel. We are keeping busy... her going to preschool helps keep us in routine and makes the time go by. Just think it wont be long before I am posting a one month update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment