Sunday, December 1, 2013

Countdown to Christmas

Hello December!!! Thanksgiving has come and gone. The tree is up and the outside is decked out in lights and decorations galore. I love this time of year! It's just filled with so much joy, wonder and happiness. I am looking forward to all that this month holds! We have so many fun activities coming up that are sure to keep us in the Christmas spirit :) And with only 24 days till Christmas, the days are already flying by!

I feel blessed to have Brandon home with us again this year. This will be the third Christmas in a row that he is home to celebrate with us. And in the ARMY, that is just unheard of. My heart goes to all the families that will be missing their loved one this year. Its incredibly hard any other time of the year, but during the holiday season it is down right rough. I am sad that although we will have our little family complete this holiday season we will be spending it without our extended family. We will miss our South Carolina family and dear friends terribly. Thank goodness for Face Time so Mimi & Papa can "watch" the kiddos open their presents :)

I also can't believe that in just a few short weeks by baby boy will be turning 2!! How did this happen?!?! How did two years fly by this fast already?!?! Cannot wait to celebrate the big day and my sweet little Francis Scott :)

Our big family present this year is to take the kids to San Diego! I am so excited for our family to spend a week there. We have lots planned while we are there including a trip to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Balboa Park and of course checking out lots of yummy restaurants and fun, unique shops! It will be a nice break from the desert :) And the best part is that the kids do not know. Its a total surprise. I think we are going to break the news to them on Christmas Eve. So fun!!

I hope to continue a few more of these posts as we continue to countdown to Christmas and share some of my favorite things about this season. I'd like to share our traditions as well. As Henry likes to say, "Is is Christmas time yet?"

Enjoy the season!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment