Wednesday, October 23, 2013

31 Random Facts About Me

I have never done one of these posts so I thought it would be fun! And since there are 31 days this month, I figured 31 would be a good number to start with. Perhaps, I will do more of these in the future :)

1. I am the youngest of 2. I have a brother who is 3 years older than me.

2. I seriously have the best parents! They have been married for almost 35 years! What an inspiration.

3. We didn't move much when I was a kid but I still ended up going to 4 different elementary schools.

4. I graduated in the top 5% of my high school class and had 10 college credits before I even started college.

5. I had my first job at 15. I worked there for 2 years.

6. I am a Believer. I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was 13 at a Chrysalis Retreat.

7. Growing up I wanted to be a doctor. My dad even nicknamed me "Doc."

8. I've always loved kids. I started babysitting when I was 11.

9. In fact, my second job was a child care giver at a local church daycare/preschool. I worked there for over 2 years.

10. I met my husband when I was 15 but we didn't start dating until after I turned 16.

11. I have an impeccable memory! I can remember events like they were yesterday. I can even remember my dreams. My dad says that Ellis' and elephants don't forget! And its very true.

12. I got my permit when I was 15 and my restricted license just 3 months later. My first car was my dad's Doge Dakota truck.

13. I even had a parking spot my sophomore year of high school :)

14. I had a pet bird named Bob when I was a little girl.

15. I've always loved to read. I cannot not remember reading.

16. For our first dating anniversary, Brandon gave me a promise ring and I bought us two tickets to an Atlanta Braves game.

17. My favorite drink is sweet tea. I could drink it all day long.

18. I also really wanted to be a teacher when I a kid. I played school all the time growing up.

19. I love to shop at Target!

20. My favorite all time show is Gilmore Girls. I own all seven seasons on DVD.

21. Brandon left for Basic Training less than 3 weeks after we got married. We still have the letters we wrote to each other during those months.

22. Our favorite vacation spot is Disney World. I am blessed to have been there 4 times in 3 years. We just love it there!

23. I could eat out every day and night. It can be a bad habit but it just makes me happy.

24. I do love to cook but often find myself in a rut when it comes to meal planning.

25. We have had four different dogs since we have been married.

26. We have also had ten different cars between us plus a motorcycle since our 8+ years of marriage.

27. I love coffee but I do not like to drink it hot even on cold days. I prefer mine iced.

28. I use to take piano lessons. I wish I would have stuck with it.

29. I battled both anorexia and bulimia in my teen years. I prefer never go back to those days.

30. I love to run because I also love to eat :)

31. I have always wanted to be have kids and be a stay at home mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment