Friday, June 11, 2010

Grocery Cart Challenge

I saw this on a sweet friend's blog.. and thought it was a good idea.. and I followed her link to the blog and fell in love! While yes currently I am not cooking very much during the week and anything I do fix is far from gourmet as its only for P and I... but eventually hubby will be back home (yay!!) and the Lean Cuisine Meals, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and bagel bites will not suffice for him... or the fact that by the time he returns next year I will also have Henry to add to the dinner table (wow! time really does fly by!) and so I will have a family of four to start grocery shopping for and cooking multiple weekly meals for... and if there is one thing I dislike its paying way too much at the grocery store. Don't get me wrong I love to eat and I prefer good food, however I am not a fan of dropping loads of money on something that either I can't wear or my children can't wear or a lovely vacation that we can enjoy, ha! And also I do not enjoy slaving in a kitchen for more than 30 minutes for a meal that my family will devour in less than the time it took for me to make. So this website has loads of good recipes that also won't break the bank.. so its giving me lots of good ideas to stow away till next year or i might even go out on the whim and try out my culinary skills on P and if nothing else Pete might enjoy the table scraps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment