Monday, February 8, 2010

Doctor Day

Well this day has been crazy... and its not just because its snowing again... i thought we lived in the south... and yet snow again for the second week in a row... i am ready for spring time :) I had my OB appointment this morning... I am 38 weeks and 2 days... and could not be more ready for his arrival. At my last doctor's appointment on the 25th of January, I had no progress so I was quite surprised and happy when she checked me today and I was already 3 centimeters and 50% effaced with his head in position 0... she told me that she'd be surprised if I made it through the weekend. Woohoo!! I've been experiencing some contractions but nothing too intense or regular... mostly I have a lot of lower back pain. So needless to say I called my mom and told her she might want to head up earlier than planned... hopefully I'm not jinxing myself and he still isn't born for another week or so, ha! I am a mix of emotions though... part excited and part anxious... and part sad that Brandon won't be here. Now its just a waiting game :)

Peighton also had a doctor's appointment today for her 3 year old check up. It never ceases to amaze me how crowded a doctor's office can be especially a PEDS... but yet again I was aggravated that our appointment was at 3:45... we got there around 3:30 and didn't leave the office until 5... at least we don't have to go back till her 4 year old check up unless she gets sick in the meantime. It was a good visit though... she is growing and developing just perfectly :) Peighton weighs 33 pounds and is 37 inches tall... around 70% for her weight and 55% for her height. Luckily for both us, she is all up to date on her shots and didn't need to endure that heartbreak. She did have to get her finger pricked for her blood to be checked for her iron levels. I am happy to say that they were up... so she is no longer anemia... her daily multivitamin is helping keep her levels under control. She cried more for having a band aid on her finger than the actual procedure! So all in all, Peighton is right on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment