Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Baby Story

Well he is HERE!! Henry Clay arrived into the world on Friday, February 12th at 8:08 in the evening... words could not express how blessed I feel to have such a beautiful and healthy little boy... he melted my heart from the minute I saw him. The experience was magnified even greater by having Brandon here after all. YAY!! I will have to start at the beginning... I got a call on Tuesday evening from Brandon saying that he was being sent home on Emergency Leave and was starting his journey home the next morning. I was completely surprised and in such awe... and on Thursday evening he was home :) We were so happy to have him home if only for a short time!! Now at this point I was seriously ready for baby to be born... everyone was here and I wanted Brandon to have as much time with his son as possible. On Thursday night, I started having contractions and they only increased overnight. I still wasn't sure if I was in labor labor.. but I decided to head to the doctor the next morning to see if I've been progressing any... and sure enough my contractions were every 3-5 minutes and I was at 4 cm dilated... time to be admitted to the hospital. I was so relieved! I was in my room at about 930 am and by 4 that afternoon I had no progressed much further so my doctor decided it was time for some patocin and to break my water... needless to say it was then time for an epidural :) And about 3 hours later, I started feeling the contractions again... and the doctor checked me out and I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing!! It happened a lot faster than I imagined and way faster than my labor with Peighton. With my first practice push, his head was crowning and the nurse told me to wait for the doctor... then 30 minutes later of pushing... Henry was out. It was an emotional experience... and I was so happy to have him in my arms and more thrilled that this labor was so smooth compared to last time :) He weighted in a whopping 8 pounds and 15 ounces and 22 inches in length... Henry topped his sister... I guess I just grow them big, ha! His apgar scores were 8 then 9... we couldn't ask for more healthy of a baby. My own recovery went very smoothly with no complications and I was feeling good the very next day. Henry was thriving just as well... and we were released from the hospital on Sunday by lunch time. It never felt so good to be home :) And I'm still in awe and feel overwhelmingly blessed that Brandon was here to experience it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment