Sunday, November 24, 2013

Turkey Day Menu

I love the Thanksgiving holiday! I love that it is all about being thankful, being together as a family, and the delicious food. Oh how I love all the food!! I love to cook up a huge meal even when its just our little family. I like having lots of leftovers to eat for days. And I love that the hubs gets in the kitchen and helps me. We typically start in the morning with the plan to eat our meal mid afternoon/supper time. I can just smell all the yumminess now :)

Appetizers:

Since we are eating a latter meal I am going to prep ahead some appetizers the night before so we have lots of snacks to munch on while we await for our meal.

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Little BBQ Smoakies
Deviled Eggs
Homemade Dip


Main Course:

This years our menu is a little different. Nothing changes up things more than your husband recently being diagnosed with Celiac's Disease. And since he is my main meal eater this Thanksgiving our menu is completely Gluten Free. It was not an easy task to find GF recipes so I had to substitute a lot of our usual favorite casseroles for some new healthier sides. 

Oven Roasted Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Crock Pot Carrots
Green Beans
Cornbread Corn Casserole
Pumpkin, Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake





No comments:

Post a Comment