Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Weekend in SC

We just spent this past weekend visiting our family and friends back "home." It was a short trip but filled with lots of great memories! One of original purposes for going home was for the Doggette family reunion which we haven't been able to attend in many years... let's just say Peighton has never been to one.. so well over 3 years. Another reason is we haven't been home since we left there back in August.. we still had quite a bit of stuff to get at my parent's house... and hadn't seen anyone since! The drive was long... it was nice on the way there to be able to break it up and stop about half way there... yes its only 9 hours of driving but it seems much longer with a preschooler in the backseat and a dog in your lap! We arrived in Summerville about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. It was too funny to see how Pete (our dog) interacted with my parent's dog Sophie... even Peighton took a few minutes to get use to being there! My mom was gracious enough to watch Peighton for us that night so Brandon and I could go out with some friends of ours. Even though I'm sure my mom enjoyed to one on one time with her favorite granddaughter :) Brandon and I went with Tim and Ashley to eat dinner at Magnolia's in downtown Charleston... it was so good.. the food was amazing.. I highly recommend it!!

On Saturday, our day was a bit more mellow... we went to lunch with my mom and did a bit of shopping :) That night was Halloween and we took Peighton trick or treating around my parent's neighborhood. She was too cute as a Butterfly Princess even though she really looked like a Fairy... but either way she was adorable and very girly!! All day she kept saying how excited she was and how she wanted to go trick or treating but when it was time she was bit hesitant of the idea. In the end, she had a good time. I think she enjoyed ringing the doorbell more than actually saying trick or treat.. in fact I'm not sure she actually said that too many times! She got a lot of candy... her whole bucket was full.. but it didn't phase her. I think Brandon and I have eaten the majority of it. Thankfully, she is not a big sweets fan.. only if its a sucker! My parent's friends/neighbors had a Halloween party that we went to after trick or treating. There was lots of good food and we all had a good time. By the end of the night, Peighton was exhausted and gave no fuss about going to bed!! Even I found myself falling asleep on the couch :)

Sunday we enjoyed wonderful weather and great company at the Doggette family reunion. It had been awhile since we'd seen everyone.. I couldn't believe how much all the kiddos have grown up and how many little ones there are now! The food was scrumptious as always :) Since it was held at the Palmetto Island County Park, we took full advantage of the playgrounds. Peighton enjoyed herself being able to ride her tricycle to and from the playgrounds! She had a lot of fun with Jena and Lana at the playground... I think she attached herself to Jena... it was just precious! Needless to say Peighton was fast asleep on the way home that day!! It was nice to be able to spend time with everyone... as it probably wont be next year's reunion before we see those faces again :) I think that's what makes a family great... that no matter how long its been... they're still your family!

All in all, it was a great weekend for us. We loved every second of it... it went by fast and there wasn't much down time but filled with lots of love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment