Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We were blessed to have my parents come up for a few days :) Brandon and I prepared a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with all the fixings... turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, baked macaroni & cheese, green beans, sweet potato fluff, cranberry sauce, rolls, and pumpkin bread. It was very tasty and I'm pleased to say there were not too many leftovers. We are very thankful to have Brandon home this Thanksgiving... he was away last year for Officer Candidate School and next year he will be in Afghanistan... so this year was very special to us! I think even Peighton enjoyed Thanksgiving.. not so much the food.. she could careless but she was over the moon to have her Mimi and Papa at her house :)

On Friday, we braced the crowds of Black Friday and went shopping. It wasn't too terrible... we skipped all the big stores and went to the Outlet Mall which was fairly mild :/ I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the so called "sales." I didn't find any fabulous deals and felt like most of the sales will be the same ones the stores will advertise in the weeks ahead! I think Black Friday is mostly for big items and door busters... if you are willing to brave the lines at 5 am for 50% off a flat screen TV... then you will get a deal but if not you will get just as good of a deal again before Christmas if not a better deal! I think after a couple of hours of shopping, we walked away with some clothes and a toy for Peighton ... and that was about it! I am happy to say Brandon and I finished the most of our shopping for Peighton weeks ago.. and now I only have to worry about wrapping it all :)

All in all, it was a great holiday!! It was very nice to visit with my parents and have Brandon home for an entire four days! Now with only a few weeks to go till Christmas, I'm sure the time will fly! Looking forward to seeing everyone for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment