Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Disclaimer

Life is messy and ours is no exception. I tend to blog only about the good but that doesn't mean we don't have our fair share of moments, days or even weeks. We are blessed as a family not because our life is perfect but because God is good. I don't blog about the bad because I don't want to remember those times. They are not shinning examples that I want to look back on fondly years from now. But those moments still happen. Believe me, there are plenty of not so great around here. I say the wrong thing, I yell, the kids are crazy, my nerves are shot, temper tantrums ... those moments do occur. Life happens. I am not a perfect mother or wife or person but every day is a new day and I am thankful that God's grace allows me to live to His standard and not to the world's standard. This house is filled with five imperfect human beings trying to survive the day. My kids are not perfect and neither am I. But we love each other and strive to do better the next day. One of new favorite quotes is from Paul David Tripp where he states that "In all of this I tend to forget that God is not focused on the "success" of my day but the godliness of my character." This statement gives me so much hope not only as a parent but as a person. Oh, what a beautiful mess I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment